Most unpretentious in care is the wavy parrot. These feathered pets, especially the male, are able to remember and reproduce sounds resembling human words. A good alternative to a wavy parrot can be the Corella (the cockatoo family). These birds also do not require huge premises and will quickly turn into almost the most important members of the family.
If the area of the apartment allows, you can choose larger parrots, such as the amazons or the cockatoo. These birds need spacious cells.
Each parrot breed has its own unique qualities. The choice can be made only after a careful study of the characteristics of each species, as well as the basic rules of care for representatives of these exotic birds.
1. The main advantage of choosing parrots as pets is the absence of a characteristic smell. In birds, unlike mammals, simply there are no cutaneous glands secreting special secrets with peculiar volatile substances. In fact even from a cat in apartment there is a steady smell from which it is difficult to get rid.
2. Another positive point of the parrots – they do not have to walk. They do not require sacrifices from their owners in the form of an early awakening and forced walk in all weathers.
3. Parrots almost do not get sick. This factor is also worthy of attention, because the appeal to a veterinarian can far exceed the cost of the parrots themselves. The life expectancy of undulating parrots is about 10-15 years, which is considered a considerable period. And such parrots as cockatoo can become pets even for our great-grandchildren.
4. Any parrot has its own individual character, which you get used to very much. The joyful chirping of the bird will make you forget about any troubles and will cause a wave of positive emotions.
5. Parrots are amenable to training. They can be taught to imitate human speech, to pronounce a few hundred words. In addition, you can learn them to respond to the name, fly into the cage by command and much more.